Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Mixed Media Canvas - Present for 21st Birthday Girl

From previous post, your know that I love to do handmade item from friends birthday. Well, this round i decided to do a canvas as a present for my junior birthday, who are celebrating her 21st Birthday this year! 
Browsing through her photos, and i decided to do a layout with this photo, where all my lovely junior is in the photo. 

This is my 3rd time hands on Mixed Media Canvas, and with the advice from my scrappy friend - Angeline, I'm trying to used Tim Holtz Distress Paint for this canvas. 

To make you have a better idea, i just let you know what I've used for the layout. First, you need to have a 12" x 12" canvas (mine is canvas board), then get your favorite distress paint color (mine is Mustard Seed & Broken China). 

For the background, i'm using tissue papers, some pattern papers, lace and Burlap. Then you may want to have some embellishments like flowers, metal charms, stickers, ribbons, stencil with spray paints and etc.


This is the final layout, and after I've done, i really fall in love with it, it's all my hard work there!


In my layout, I'm using some Prima flowers and some metal charms from Prima as well. Notice the brown and yellow pattern behind the flowers? I'm using the spray paint with stencil to create the effect.



Then I'm adding the die cut Happy Birthday words on a burlap, adding with a metal key and butterfly. I do used the Classified Newsprint Stamp from Unity to enhance the background, then at used the yellow alphabet sticker to form her name.

 This is a close up for a corner. I add a die cut butterfly strip which i bought over from a bazaar, and it just look pretty good with the layout.


Here is another corner close up. 

I'm not really good in posting tutorial, but i think i can try one next time.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment